Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday!


So here's the big project that I'm working on right now.  Cutting and piecing these 1.5" squares for the Pinkie Pie Pixel Quilt.  Right now it's more cutting than piecing, because there's a ridiculous amount of cutting involved.  This bit is from last night, there's probably around 500 squares here?  I'm totally guessing because we stopped counting.

And this is just the pinks.  I probably cut just as many white squares as well.  Completely insane, but so much fun to put together!  It's going to be an awesome quilt.


And I finally pulled my fabric for the Penny Patch Quilt-a-long.  I'm supposed to be into the sewing stage already, but I'm just chugging along at my own speed.  The teal and yellow are my main colors, and the plums are my pop of color.  I love that top plum fabric, so I'm glad that I finally get to use it.

I'm hoping to get these cut soon, because the piecing is super easy, and would be nice brainless work to do one evening with a cup of cocoa.


And this last bunch of fabric I'm just staring at right now.  It's a scrap bundle I got at our Guild's auction over the weekend from Laura (she blogs over at Little and Lots, and has the best fabric!), and I should just dump it into the scrap bin, but I love how it's already in a rainbow.  I might add more to the mix and do a simple patchwork with it.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. It's science: scraps always look better when they are someone else's. (Now that these scraps are yours, they look infinitely more appealing to me.) You are a GREAT MOM for taking on that Pinkie Pie quilt--it is for your daughter, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm really glad that Jess is helping me do the Pinkie Quilt. She's a great quilt motivator.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I kind of love cutting things tiny because the print always looks totally different. And using them as pixels is really fun.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pile of squares.. 1.5"??!! yikes. But I am sure it will be gorgeous and worth the time and patience. I love the pile of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. teal, yellow and plum oooh I love it! That is going to be a yummy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your penny patch! Your fabrics are awesome for it!
    And there's nothing prettier than lovely little stacks of squares! Can't wait to see Pinky Pie!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m