Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Selfish Sewing Week Edition!



I was so excited to have a full day of sewing.  The kids are gone, and it's just me, the dog, and my sewing machine.  But it's just been dreary the last couple days, and it's hard to get excited about sewing cute summer skirts.  (And awful for taking pictures inside, even with all the shades up)


But, I'm going to power through!  I've got two piles of fabric ready to be turned into Alder skirts.  I'm really excited to be pattern testing for Rachael at imagine gnats.  For some reason I thought this pattern had already been released and I'm trying to curb my sewing spending, but she put the call out for testers, so free pattern for a skirt I wanted to make anyway.  Win win!


These are going to be my skirts by the end of the day.  The Alder skirt has an optional contrast waistband and pocket linings, so the flowery Cloud 9 fabric will get green, and the blue Juliana Horner fabric will get orchid.  The blue is a bit brighter than I would normally pick, but I just loved the fabric so much and summer clothes should be bright and cheerful!


The rest of my fabric pile will be clothes for the little girl.  These two will be super fast Simple Skirts from Dana's awesome tutorial.  The corduroy might end up a skirt too, or maybe some parsley pants, and the knit was just too cute to leave (especially at $3/yd, love a JoAnn's sale!!)

Now let's see how far down the list I get!

Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday!

  WIP Wednesday!

1 comment:

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m