Wednesday, May 14, 2014

An Unproductive WIP Wednesday...

Today is just a yucky day.  I got up this morning knowing that I had hours of free time to be spent sewing.  I was so excited, until I moved and realized my neck was protesting my sleeping position.  Why does something always come up just when you're about to be productive!


Anyway, I tried to power through, and even laid out these beauties to see where I was.  There's 26 of them now, so two more would bring the total up to a nice number to lay out.  I'm thinking of squaring them up and adding a border of white or black to bring them to some uniform measurements so they'd look like they were floating.

It might be too boring for these crazy blocks, or it might be just the right amount of boring to let them sing.  I clearly need to stop thinking about it and make some more blocks.


But that's about as far as I got this WIP Wednesday.  I did a little bit of knitting on my socks in the car waiting in the school pick up line.  (The pattern is Charade, which is available for free on Ravelry, though I modified the pattern from a top down to a toe up.)

I did have one moment of crazy where I thought that a heating pad would be nice, and thought that I should just whip up one of those sleeves of rice.  Makers are crazy sometimes.

Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday!

  WIP Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are really busy so I wonder what borders will do with them. I never think of taking crafting with me for those waiting moments. Maybe I should :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your neck is bothering you; I hate when that happens! I hope you have a speedy recovery and I look forward to seeing how your blocks look framed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It bugs me, too, when I get up gung ho to sew and manage to piddle the time away, sometimes without even the valid reason of not feeling well. I say though that quilting is my yogo, or my meditating. Glad you powered through. Your quilting may just have loosened up your neck. It could have gotten worse as the day wore on. I'll just bet your turning your head this way and that to sort and admire all those colorful crazy patchwork blocks was just the medicine you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! That is the WORST! Especially when you have planned to craft for a large chunk of time! I have two little kids (2 and 4) and so that often happens to me. I love your socks, though. I've never attempted socks, although I ALWAYS keep a knitting project in the car so that if my little one falls asleep on the way to a store. It's such a time-saver!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m