Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Finish: Drawstring Project Bag



I didn't accomplish much after my neck started hurting this week.  It's getting better, but standing at the sewing machine (yeah, I stand) is just not an option.

I did get really restless last night, so I whipped out this little bag for my sock knitting.  It's the Lined Drawstring Bag pattern from In Color Order.  Last week I made a couple of these to wrap a gift, and just loved how quick and easy they were.  I think it takes more time to cut the fabric than it  does to actually sew.


I used some of my coveted Amy Butler wallflowers.  When I set up my new fabric shelves, I realized I had way more than I'd originally thought, so no need to hoard quite so much.  And the black is a FQ I picked up from a quilt show with the intention of using it for some sort of craft bag.  Perfect!


It's the perfect size for sock knitting!  This poor ball of Malabrigo was getting bounced around my tote bag and every time I'd pull it out, I'd have to untangle it from all the books, bottles, and child debris.  Now it has a much happier home.

Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your neck is still bothering you. I hope that it continues to improve! I think it's fun that you were able to sew up a bag for another crafty past time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable bag! Hope your neck starts feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, your bag is done! Looking good! Have fun knitting in the car ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fun project. And so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for protecting the yarn! Did you whip yourself up one of those rice packs yet? I hope your neck continues to improve. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neck ache = no fun, but cute bag. I've been making them as re-usable Christmas gift bags. I've got a bunch to make this year, but it's so much better than wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that AB print, Mary - I'm hoarding the bit of it I have in my own stash hehe. Popping by to say hi from the NQB Google group - you're in my neck of the woods, so thought I'd stop over : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love this bag! I haven't made any bags yet but I've been seeing a lot of really cute ones lately. Are they hard to make? I think I'm going to start looking through my fabric stash to pick some fabric for a bag like this. Right now I just use a nylon reusable shopping bag for my knitting projects, but this is WAY cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, Mary! I have a friend that made me one of these and I use it for sock knitting as well. It IS the perfect size. I love the prints you chose. nice finish!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m