Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WIP Wednesday!


So sure, there's cats and dresses going on over here, but this is my latest work-in-project.  I'd heard of this yarn for quite a while, and I finally got my hands on it, pattern figured, and the rest of my knitting off the needles I needed.


The yarn in question is from a friend's time working on a sheep farm.  When she left, she was given a tub of this yarn, spun from the sheep she'd been tending.  I'm also told that it was dyed with plants found around the farm, which is amazing considering how bright and happy that blue is.

Now that I've got it, I'm making a striped jumper.  I didn't realize until after starting that the whole thing is done in a seed stitch, which means this won't be getting done quickly, but will have an amazing texture.

Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m