Monday, September 16, 2013

Pants, and Yarn, and Bread. Oh My!



I had a very productive weekend.  I made THREE pairs of Parsley Pants!  A pair for both my kids and one for a friend's daughter.  I had a couple yards of this yummy lightweight denim left over from making her Multi-Tasker Tote, and figured I might as well use it up.



I did all of them with pouch pockets, and used more of the piping I found at Marden's.  I'm going to have to start stocking up on that stuff.  I never thought I would get into making clothing enough to really use it, but now I want to add it to everything.  

Of course, pictures of the pants on the kids will have to wait.  I got both kids dressed in the pants this morning, we went outside to play, but before I could take pictures they'd started soaking each other with the hose.  Maybe I'll get to the laundry tomorrow and try again.



The rest of the weekend was filled with a marathon baking session.  I realized we were eating the last loaf of bread in the freezer and decided I might as well make two batches while I had the time.  I love this white bread recipe from Homemade Pantry by Alana Chernila, you just mix, ignore, shape, rise, and bake.  The whole process takes a couple hours, but most of that time you're just ignoring the dough.  I'll have to make some of her wheat bread too.  It's super yummy, but you have to refrigerate it overnight, and I find that by the next day I don't have the ambition to finish the job.



And I balled up some yarn and worked on the second sleeve of my Sweatshirt Sweater.  I only have two more hanks left after this, which makes me kind of nervous.  I have a feeling that I'll be fine, since I only have a bit of sleeve and the armpit of the body up to do, but I'll be nervously checking my yarn until I finish.

Linking up with The Train to Crazy for Make It Wear It Thursday!

150x200

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m