Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Scrap Happy Purse Pattern!



So remember way back when I cut into some pieces of my Flea Market Fancy?  It was to make this!!  It's the Scrap Happy Purse from Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts.  The second she posted a picture of her version on Instagram asking for pattern testers, I was in.  It's such a cute bag, why wouldn't I want to make my own!


The pattern was really easy to follow, it's mostly a basic tote, with a great outer layer.  I was able to use a bunch of scraps I'd gotten in a scrap pack from the Anna Maria Horner store clean out a couple months back.  I'd been saving them for just the right project, and this was perfect.  Then, I added a couple charms I'd gotten; two were the FMF, but there was also an AMH velour, a couple Tula Pink prints, and some dots.

All that quilting is really awesome too.  Because it's quilted so densely onto batting, it pretty much has all the stability I'd want.  And then, when you add the home dec weight lining, you have a bag that will really take a beating.  I've been toting it around for a while, and it's been great. 


I love the size of this tote.  I can carry around a book or a small knitting project, or I can just tuck in a diaper and wipes if I'm doing a quick trip with the toddler.  I'll probably make another of these because I have plenty of scraps, but I might have to add a couple more pockets because I can never have too many pockets.

The pattern is available here

Thanks Amanda Jean for letting me test for you!


Fresh Poppy Design



7 comments:

  1. I love all the many fabric pieces- they go together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love this bag! such a gorgeous use of the fabrics!

    I'm so happy you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colorful scrappy bag! You did a great job on it! I like those short straps too! The line quilting works perfect as well! I am sure you will get many comments on it when taking it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! And what fun scraps to use! I see so many fabrics I love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reason to cut into Flea Market!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m