Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday: KCW Edition!


Kids Clothes week is in full swing!  I set myself up for a couple quick finishes on Monday, which just got me all excited to make more.  Apparently, accomplishing stuff is addictive.


This is the stack that I'm planning on cutting into next.  The top two are flannels that will either become more tunics from a self-drafted pattern or button up flannels a la the Ethan Shirt that was in the SewFab bundle.  (They seriously planned that well!)

The middle two are quilters't cotton for dresses or skirts, and the bottom is a corduroy that I'll either make into Parsley pants, a dress, or both.


These jumpers are just waiting on hems and buttons.  Both are drawn myself, but the purple is based on the Olivia top from Craftiness is Not Optional.  And the stripes is based on the Snappy Toddler top from Prudent Baby, but I had to upsize it a lot, so I basically just winged it.


I feel bad about leaving the little dude out of most of my sewing, but he has so many hand-me-downs still to go through, that it's just silly to make him clothes.  I did find this t-shirt at the thrift store and had to re-cut it for him.  I love how it fits (tees are so hard to get right when you don't have a huge size to start with), and he won't stop wearing it.  I haven't been able to hem it because he wants to wear it all the time, so it might just go unhemmed.  

kid's clothes week


Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. That is sure cute owl fabric you have selected there, Mary! And those jumpers are sweet. So is your T-shirt model and his little peeps. I sure appreciate your visit to my blog today and wanted to give you a reply.... But you are a no reply blogger because of the Google plus profile used to blog with. I used to have that problem, but switched to the Blogger profile. Glad I tracked you down, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me. I thought I'd had that fixed, but now I know I do!

      Delete
  2. Awe, those little dresses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m