Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ruby Dress Pattern Testing!



I was so excited to get to be a pattern tester for Made By Rae's new dress, the Ruby Dress.  She made the Arrow dress a while ago out of some gorgeous Ruby Star fabric, and then she just made it into a top and wrote up a pattern for it.




Now, full disclosure, it's not the best shape for my body, and maybe with some tweaking I could make it work, but I just wanted to make it as it was intended before I took liberties.  Also, cutting it down to a top as is would make it awesome, but I haven't gotten around to it.  It's basically a really great start that you can modify to your heart's content.

The pattern is really fast to make.  It's basically a yoke with some gathered fabric.  The only part of construction that took a bit of time was the bias tape around the neck and the arms, and that might just be because I haven't done that technique before.




And how cute is this fabric?  It's Makower UK that I found at the local Ace Hardware/Ben Franklin's, for about $6/yd!  It's out of print now, but they have the entire line, and I think I need to buy all of it!  And the light pink is something I found in a box of fabric my mom gave me.  I'm pretty sure it was used to make dresses for me when I was a toddler.  Awww!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m