Friday, August 23, 2013

Washi Dress

Image from Made By Rae

So this is the second Washi Dress from Made By Rae that I made.  I'm kind of in love with the first one and wear it so often that it's always either wrinkled from wear or in the wash.  Oh well.\




And this is the one I made right after the first.  That pattern is so perfect, and I didn't have to make any alterations to make it fit.  Which is shocking, because I'm carrying a lot up front and in back. I actually double-checked the muslin of the top because I didn't believe it.


Love this fabric, it's from Benartex

For this version, I did lengthen it about ten inches so that I don't have to wear leggings with it.  (The first covers everything, but it's more leg than I'd rather show.  I swear I'll get a picture of it someday.)



And I lowered the section of shirring on the back.  For some reason, the first dress had the shirring across the middle of my back.  This version I made the bottom two rows my top two rows and just measured out four new rows a half inch apart.




Up next, I have this Anna Maria Horner Field Study Coordinates fabric that is begging to be a Washi Tunic.  Maybe with a navy collar?

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous. My friend has this pattern and I am trying to convince her to make me a dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggest bribing with cookies or other sugary baked goods. I'm kind of a sucker for that sort of thing.

      Delete
  2. Love it!! I so need to learn how to sew clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally doable, and Rae writes patterns that are really easy to follow and have, like, a ton of pictures, which is good for me since I'm a picture person.

      Delete
  3. This one is fabulous too! Did you end up trying a different interfacing? My shorter Washi with leggings is my favorite outfit right now. So comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the next stiffer interfacing, but it still gets a little floppy unless you iron it. Not as bad as the first one though. I think the next one I make I'm just going to do the scoop neck without the cutout.

      Delete
  4. Love the Washi dress and it looks fabulous! Need to take the plunge and make my own :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Comment! I love reading what you think! -m